If you want to build your own template it is good to install these extensions:
- fluidpages (works with 8.7.15)
If you run into any issues, delete the extension and install the development version, which you can pull from github.
Then install the builder extension, to create a template skeleton.
One simple way to install typo3, besides others:
- open your terminal window
- cd to your web directory (e.g. htdocs)
- create a directory and cd into it:
- use wget to fetch the typo3 package:
wget get.typo3.org/8.7 -O typo3_src-8.7.x.tar.gz
- use tar to unpack the package:
tar xzf typo3_src-8.7.x.tar.gz
- remove the installation file:
- create a ‚public‘ directory and cd into it:
- create symlinks:
ln -s ../typo3_src-8.7.15 typo3_src
(make sure, that this symlink points to the right source folder in the parent directory: typo3_src-8.7.15 or typo3_src-8.7.13, depending on the typo3 version you have fetched)
ln -s typo3_src/typo3 typo3
ln -s typo3_src/index.php index.php
- copy the .htaccess:
cp typo3_src/_.htaccess .htaccess
(on an Apache web server)
- create a FIRST_INSTALL file:
Now create a database and switch to your browser and open your typo3 website. Then just follow the install instructions.
One might run into several requirements issues which I will describe in another tutorial.